I started a home automation project as entry phase of comms room automation system which I have mapped for next year.
After brief research I have put together a list of following elements I will include in my system:
- openHAB server – running on Ubuntu, initially I am using my Windows PC and raspberryPi
- MQTT Ethernet gateway – this is a bridge between wireless nodes and openHAB server
- Temperature and environment monitoring nodes
- Variety of relay nodes – with and w/o control buttons
- LCD display status nodes
- Motion detection nodes
- Power consumption monitoring nodes
- CCTV nodes
I will be posting detailed descriptions of each component to include schematics, code and sometimes case designs for 3d print.
Here is a bunch of links to resources I will be using: